Saturday, February 24, 2018

How To Be a Real Teacher



February, 5th- 9th 2018
Now, we arrived at the amazing third week. It was the time for me to be a Real Teacher. I had to face the real students. Grade 10 Science A be my class to practice teaching. My topic to teach was Differential of Calculus.  Actually on the first day, I was so nervous because it was the first time for me to teach in class. Many questions appear on my mind.  Could I explain Mathematics well? How about if my students couldn’t understand with my explanation? How about if I did some mistakes? and etc. In the class I started to teach the students by prayer, check the attendance, give motivations, explain the topic, give them activity and evaluation. On the first day, after explaining the topic, I gave them questions and I was shocked because they could answer well all of the questions that I given. It was really challenge for me. They were excellent in Math and I was so happy that they could understand well my explanation. I tried to motivate myself to have courage and face it all and fortunately after I taught in Grade 10 Science A. Ma’am Karen said that it was the good performance for the first time, but I had to loud my voice when I explained lesson in class because there are 52 students in the class, I had to manage the class well especially manage time well. The next day I also taught the same topic but unfortunately I gave the hard questions for my students so that most of them confused and we spent many times to answer only one question, so I couldn’t manage the time well. My students were curious about the topic and the questions that I given to them. I tried my best to make them understand. But, Ma’am Karen said it was okay, started to manage your time well in class and don’t give too hard questions for your students, started to give them simple questions before give them hard question and do your best for tomorrow. Although I felt a little bit regret but I should do my best every teaching in class. Actually the students in Grade 10 Science A were so smart, active, and critical. It was the challenge for me to teach them. When I enter Grade 10-A, seems that I have strong spirit. I didn’t know that’s why? When I saw my students face, my students smile there was a power that come from my heart to teach in the long time in this class. They were so interest in learning Mathematics, they heard me when I teach, they made me smile, they were so active when I teach, although sometimes they were so noisy but I could control them. I realized that “It is the Real Teacher”.

Teaching in the Class :)



On, 8th February 2018 one of the lecturer in TAU Ma’am Kat get married and she invited us to come in her reception in the night. The place was in the Hall behind our hostel. Actually I was so confused should I come or not? Because tomorrow I would do my final demonstration, I had to prepare lesson plan and learning about my topic. My mind divided into two things and on this day I was so nervous to face the final demonstration tomorrow. But, it was the honor for us that Ma’am Kat invited us, so I decided to come in her wedding party. I forgot my final demonstration for a while hehehe J. All of us (TAU squads) came in her wedding party. She looked so beautiful and her husband is so handsome. Then, we took some pictures with her and enjoyed the delicious dinner hehehe :). After we attended the wedding party I directly back to the Hostel and prepare all of the things for Final Demonstration :)

Ma'am Kat's wedding party

Dinner



  Finally, it was the time for Final Demonstration. I was more nervous than the first time I taught in class before, I assumed that it was not final demonstration. It just daily teaching in the class. When I did Final demonstration, I taught about The Higher Order Derivatives of Trigonometric Function. I really really nervous but I tried to fight it. I started to explain the lesson and give them questions to remind them the lesson before and OMG I was shocked again it was not competition but they tried to compete to answer my questions. Then, I gave them group activity like game and they really like the method and enjoyed it. After that, I asked them to finish the questions in front of the class and explain it. They could it well. I was so happy to see them..It means that I was successful to face the final demonstration.  Fortunately, I could face it well and Ma’am Karen said you have good passion in teaching Mathematics. So, I had to improve my skill again then I could be great teacher. I always remember what Ma’am Karen said If you want to Master in something that you do, you must love it first”. Be a teacher is come from my heart and I hope it’s not the last for the teaching but it’s the beginning to be a Great Teacher in the future. After final demonstration I was so happy but at the same time I was sad because it was the last time to teach in Grade 10-A Science. I wanted to stay long here and teach you guys but the time not permission me :(. It was the farewell with my students. I just said thank you for everything that my students given to me and teach me how to be a Real teacher. I hope the knowledge that I share can useful for you all. I’m gonna miss you 10-A. Then, I asked them to take some pictures and surprised they asked me to take a video for them and they said thank you for teaching us Ma’am Winda. After that, they sang a song for me. My tears fell apart L. Then they hug me and said if you have opportunity, please visit us again. I will miss you Ma’am Winda and I will never forget you :(
 Video of Teaching Demonstration

Final Demonstration :)




Farewell with my students
 


Video from my students


No comments:

Post a Comment