Tuesday, February 20, 2018

What a Busy Day




22nd of January 2018
It was the third days being here. In this day, I could say that it’s such a busy day.
At 07.15 in this morning, we had to join the flag ceremony in  Tarlac Agricultural University, so I had to wake up at 06.00 to prepare myself for the ceremony. At 06.45 we were ready and walked from Hostel to the university to join the flag ceremony. We joined the flag ceremony in front of the Administration Building of TAU. It was the first time I joined Philippines’ flag ceremony. After flag ceremony, Ms. Christine Ferrer (Director,External Linkages and International Affairs) calls our name one by one for introducing us to all of the lecturers and staff of TAU. It’s really touched me and I’m so excited being part of student’ exchange in TAU and also the President of TAU welcome us. All of the lecturers and staff of TAU are so friendly to us. After that, we took some pictures with them. Then, we backed to Hostel and prepare for the Opening Program.

After flag ceremony
In front of the Hostel

 
Our togetherness

At 09.00 we joined the Opening Program in TAU. It held in TAU Agritourism Hostel Function Hall, besides our room. So, we enter the Hall before 09.00 and in front of the door there was someone that give us the beautiful necklace, maybe it’s the symbol to welcome us. Then, with my nervous feeling I entered the Hall and my eyes directly focused to the big banner that TAU have been prepared to us. It just simple but the words on the banner is really extraordinary. I couldn’t imagine anymore that one of my dreams begins here. Seems that my tears fell down.  We also had a special place to sit down in front of people of the hall. It just had eleven chairs and tables which means the number of us (11 persons) . They really appreciated us. So, we sat down in this chair and we were like state guests that was greatly appreciated. In this hall there were also all of the Lecturer and staff of TAU. In front of us sat the leaders of this university include President university, Vice President for Academic Fairs, Dean of College of Education and etc. OMG it’s really gold opportunity. Well, the opening began by singing ASEAN Hymn, singing National song of three country Philippines, Indonesia, and Thailand. When it was time to sing National song of Indonesia “Indonesia Raya” I didn’t know why my tears dropped. It was really the first time I sang Indonesia Raya in other country in front of the foreigners. I’m so proud and never stopped thankful to God. After sang the National songs, we listened to the welcome remarks by Dr. Arnold R. Lorenzo (Dean, College of Education), overview the program and Introduction of the University by Dr. Christine N. Ferrer(Director, External Linkages and International Affairs), Introduction of Inbound Mobility Students by Ms. Sheila R. Lingaya (Assistant Director, External Linkages and International Affairs/Coordinator, Student Mobility) and message from Dr. Max P. Guillermo (University President). There was also students group from TAU that present to playing the musical equipment like guitar, piano, and one of the musical equipment that similar to guitar but I forgot the name. I recently saw it in the Philippines. 
Opening Program
Students that playing music

Then, it was the next agenda that makes me really really nervous. What’s that? Anyone knows? Of course it was the opportunity to introduce myself and my university. Oh My God!!! I had to make my presentation so well and the audience could understands and interested about me and my university. Okay, let’s did it. A few minutes later, the Master of Ceremonial called my name, it was the time for me to do it and also the last participant that presented it. I should have confident although in my mind I always thought that  could I do my best? Could I attract the audience attention? But, I tried to make myself so confident and do my best. So, I started to introduce myself and my university. I was so thankful that I have done my best and I could do it well.
 
International speech to introduce my self and my university
            After the self and university introduction, we continued to  take some pictures and having lunch with all of the participants of exchange students in TAU and also all of the lecturer and staff in TAU. I was so lucky to join this program. Then, we backed to the Hostel Agritourism to take a rest and then continued our agenda today for Campus Tour at 03.00 p.m.
          

 
Eleven TAU Squads

  In the Tarlac of Agricultural University, we visited the College of Education and meet the Dean of this College, Dr. Arnold R. Lorenzo and shared a little story about the College of Education, then we also visited the classrooms and the laboratory of the school, the we went to Shared Service Facility for Toll Packaging for Food Processing to looked how to make the  food products of TAU and taste the food products like Tamarind Candy ( the taste is so acid),Peanut Oatmeal Cookies (Polvoron), and Peanut Cookies (the taste is sweet). After that, we went to Administration Building and visited library there. In the library I could find many books and find the biggest book, also the antique tools like iron in the past and etc. After that we backed to the Hostel and prepare ourselves to join the Fellowship dinner.
Taste Polvoron



Library

            At 07.00 p.m. we join the fellowship dinner in the Hall of the Hostel and again with lecturers and staff of TAU. I was so happy and I really enjoy the dinner. In the dinner, there was the performance from Combo Max Band (the member of this band are the employee of TAU).Wow! I’m so excited. 
 
Fellowship dinner


Beside that, the University President, the Dean of College Education and other lecturers also performed to sing the song. jeng jeng jeng…….. surprise!!! The master of ceremonial of fellowship dinner asked us to sing a song and should be all of us one by one. OMG, seems that I’m little bit crazy hehhe. It started from Joy and Net. They are from Thailand. They sing Thailand’s song and Joy playing the guitar. Wow Great! Next, Gerald from UNJA. His voice was good. Then, Via (UNLAM) and Ami (UNP). They successful to made the audience never stop to give the applause, because their voice was so melodious. Next performance was from two of little princess. Who are they? Of course it was me and Vina (UNS). OMG, It’s the first time to had a International concert . We sang Jar of Hearts. It was not bad but could make the audience close their ears hehehe and did you know that because of my nervous I spoke Indonesia to the guitarist and he was laughing because he didn’t understand. It was so funny. After singing I went to my chair and scream in my heart horay! I was free hehe. Then, the next performance of the night are Oca (UHAMKA), Evi (UHO), Rere (UHO). They sang Indonesian song. It was the nice Trio. The last performance was Feni (UNP). It was the special performance because she was the only one that sing the traditional song from Indonesia. Sounds Great! After that, we went to the Hostel because we were so tired and we want to take the rest. That was my story of this day 

This is my fabulous video (Go International)


No comments:

Post a Comment