Friday, February 2, 2018

The First Story




In my life, I never imagined how lucky I am. This day, exactly January, 18th 2018 was the farewell from my university for education internship  and community service abroad. Seems that my tears fall apart on my  face. It was not easy for being here, it was not easy for being the part of 5th batch. It was just the part of my prayer that God granted. TheFirst Vice of President (Prof Dr. H. Muharram, M. Si.) and The Fourth Vice President (Prof. Dr. Gufran Darma Dirawan, S.T., M.Emd.) in my university gave us advice and motivation this day, and also our lecturers (especially our mentor, Mr. Yasser, Mr. Mushawwir and Ma’am Widya) gave us motivation and never stop to guide us. Thank you so much. We will do our best here Sir and Ma’am. Pray for us :)

The nine armies that ready to go to Philippines and Thailand, taken : Jan, 19th 2018



Sea Teacher 5th Batch of UNM. We were ready for teaching :) . Taken : Jan, 19th 2018

20th of January 2018 (First day)

One of my dream begins. So listen a little story of this day.

Well, this day is a time to go to Philippines. Wow? Philippines? Sounds Great. But, What for? With Whom? Okay I will explain

My university is the member of Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO). SEAMEO has a program called “Sea-Teacher” that is exchange students to another country like Philippines and Thailand to teach based on their major. This year I had a gold opportunity to join this program to representative my university. OMG, It was like a dream and I never stop thankful to God. One of my biggest dreams in my life comes true. I would go to Philippines at the Tarlac Agricultural University to teach Mathematics. So, this was my story during a month in TAU, Philippines.

I wake up at 03.00 a.m. OMG it’s early morning. With my sleepy face I tried to go to bath and take a bath. After that I prepared myself and checked in all of the things that I have packed, so there were no more things that I forgot. Then, my family and I took a pray and it was time to go to airport when the time showing at 03.45 a.m. Along the way, I always imagined how the feel to use the airplane because it was the first time for me. I imagined that it will be like roller coaster. Wow? I a little bit afraid and how about if I screamed in the plane? It was not funny and I could imagine it more. Well, time fast away and I arrived in the Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport with my family at 04.05 a.m. 

Family :)

In the airport, I found two of my friends from UNM that have been come first. I couldn’t imagine what time they wake up hehhe. Then, we were waiting for our friends again, there were still six persons that have not been come. When the time at 05.35 a.m. The nine armies from UNM ready to go. Firstly we had to check in and did you know my bag was overweight hahah but it’s okay because we were check in group and there were my friends that have bag less than the capacity and it’s cover my bag hehhe. After that, we went to the waiting room and a few minutes later someone that called stewardess call us to enter the airplane. Okay, the journey of nine armies begins. In the airplane I was so nervous especially when the airplane took off. But, everything was changed, it was not what I imagine before, actually using airplane was very fun and I really enjoy it. I wanted it  more, more, and more again. In the airplane I spent my time to watch the films then my friend were sleep. At 07.45 we arrived in Soekarno Hatta International Airport. It was also the first time for me to visit the airport and it’s really big airport. We did the same way in Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport like check in group and so on. Well, at 11.30 we continue our journey to Philippines using Air Asia Airplane. In the airplane I just spent my time with taking some pictures and sleep because it was the long journey. Times fast away and shows 04.45 p.m. and surprise!!!!! We arrived in Ninoy Aquino International Airport. OMG, speechless. Was it true that I’m in Philippines? OMG I couldn’t say anything more.
Arrived at the Ninoy Aquino Airport

At the airport I met Philippines people that work in the airport and told me that “ Are you from Tagalog?” I just laughing and said I’m from Indonesia. Your face like The Philippines(Filipinos hehe), he said. No, Sir I’m Indonesian. Wow, Indonesian? I’m so sorry I think you are Tagalog, he said. It’s okay Sir.
After that we had to past the immigration and find someone outside from TAU that pick us up. But, in the airport I met my friends from another region like Vina  from Universitas Negeri Solo, Rere and Evi from Universitas Negeri Halu Oleo, and Gerald from Universitas Negeri Jambi. Then, we went to find people that hold the letter of our name, and surprised we met them. We took some pictures together and  then dinner together at KFC in Manila and continue our journey to Tarlac Agricultural University (TAU).
TAU squad :)

During the way at the night I enjoyed our journey and look carefully every side of Philippines. Unfortunately, we got the traffic jam so we spent 5 hours from Manila to TAU. But, sometimes it just need 4 hours. But, I still so excited and how beautiful you are Philippines!. At 12.05 a.m. we arrived in the Hostel of TAU but we found all of our friends that come firstly are sleep. Then, we decided to sleep because we were so tired after the long journey. So, Good night everyone. See you tomorrow :) It’s enough for my story today.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment